Happy Halloween! Let’s talk beauty. I attended a workshop hosted by the one and only celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey at Lucky FABB last week. With a client roster including Katy Perry, Sarah Jessica Parker, Christina Hendricks, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Chastain and MARIAH, Jake Bailey has established himself as one of the industry’s most sought after makeup artists.
I must share what I learned.
- The hardest thing to retouch in photos is damaged hair so keep those locks healthy
- Dewey looks greasy on camera
- Do not apply concealer close to the lower lash line. It will make your eyes look puffy
- Use foundation as concealer
- Apply foundation with your fingers to ensure you don’t over apply product
- If you have great dark lashes, skip the mascara
- Make sure to coat lashes with mascara from root to tip
- A bright camera flash can eradicate the jaw line
- Don’t take selfies between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. if you’re outside (wise words)
- Confidence is everything
Amazing tips, right? Have a beautiful Halloween!