We can thank my other half for this recipe. Before the wedding, we were both killing it with our diet and then I don’t know what happened! So I’ve decided to bring this dish out of retirement and get my health back on track. I don’t have time to wait for the New Year!
Chia seeds certainly had their moment in the sun this year - kind of like kale in 2012 - and for good reasons! Here are a few things worth noting about this superfood:
- Chia has eight times more Omega-3 than salmon
- It’s gluten-free
- Chia contains a wealth of fiber—5 grams in just one tablespoon
- It contains five times more calcium than milk
- It offers 20% protein
- It contains more antioxidants than blueberries
- It contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
- Chia contains three times more iron than spinach
- It contains twice the potassium content of banana
- Yes, these are the same seeds used to make chia pets!!!