What's in my makeup bag, you ask? These five brushes. Here's why they need to be your staples:
1. Blending Brush - this round tip eye shadow brush is used for detailing and blending in the crease of your eye to add depth and contour. A great starter palette to create the perfect natural eye look is this one from Urban Decay.
2. Eyeshadow Brush - this flat head eye shadow brush is used for all-over application from lashes to brows. My favorite shadow combo is this Kalahari duo from NARS.
3. Angled Liner Brush - this stiff brush helps to create a perfect line when applying a gel liner like this one from Bobbi Brown.
4. Angled Blush Brush - this versatile brush is made for contouring and blush application using a palette like this one from Urban Decay - it's my favorite!
5. Kabuki Brush - this soft-bristled brush should be used for face powders and bronzers like this one from Bobbi Brown.
I know that most of these brushes are for the eyes and I typically don't do a full eye look every day (laziness), but I'm telling you these tools have been a life saver for when I do want to glam it up. Plus, the products above are perfect for a more natural look, which I prefer day and night.