Ever since I can remember, my mother always put a gift in my hand before I went over to someone's house. Sometimes it was a tin of cookies or a bouquet of flowers. Other times, it was something she bought on her daily trip to TJ Maxx or a gift that was supposed to be for someone else (possibly me) that she forgot to give them the previous year. Whatever it was, it was a token of appreciation for opening up their home for me. In fact, she still shoves gifts at me to bring back to my in-laws and friends.
Pretty soon, my schedule will be packed with holiday parties and I'll be at the door with gift in hand, just like my mother taught me. These are just a few ideas I have in mind:
- this corkcicle - kind of amazing. I don't know who wouldn't love a cork that chills your wine
- this marble slab, which is the perfect elegant touch for any kitchen
- and this tray - how lovely is this tray!
- candles are always great, especially when they smell like roses and blackcurrant leaves
- and this vase - I'm obsessed with this mini speckled vase