Happy Thursday! I just got back from LA where everyone is super fit and healthy and my time there inspired this recipe. I made with my spiralizer, which can turn most fruits and veggies into noodles. This dish isn't the prettiest, but I promise it's good.
- 3-4 zucchinis, peeled
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic pepper spice
- 1 garlic clove or 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup or 7 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pine nuts, toasted for garnish
- Red pepper flakes
With the spriralizer, rotate zucchinis to create noodles and place in colander to get rid of some of the juice.
In a food processor, combine garlic and basil and pulse to mince. Add the lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil, avocado and 1 tbsp water. Process until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat up 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a sauté pan. Add zucchini noodles, making sure you drained as much of the liquid as possible, and 1/2 tsp roasted garlic pepper spice. Stir for 3-5 minutes until tender.
Remove from pan into a bowl and add the avocado sauce. Top with toasted pine nuts and red pepper flakes.